Sacramento Drug Manufacturing Lawyer
Drug manufacturing charges are serious, so secure serious legal representation by hiring a Sacramento drug manufacturing attorney.
When you’ve been arrested under the suspicion of drug manufacturing, it’s normal to feel scared and apprehensive about moving forward. However, even with your nerves, it’s important to take the right steps to safeguard your future.
Hiring a Sacramento drug manufacturing lawyer may be a wise course of action. Our team at Crowell Law Offices will work with you to ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal proceedings and help you achieve a favorable outcome in your case.
Penalties for Drug Manufacturing in California
In the state of California, those who are convicted of drug manufacturing may face a variety of potential penalties. The severity of your sentencing will depend on the circumstances of your case, as well as the type of drug you were allegedly attempting to manufacture. Additionally, if you were previously convicted for the same crime, your penalties may become more severe.
Some potential penalties for drug manufacturing in Sacramento may include the following:
- Growing Marijuana – If the prosecution can prove you were growing marijuana with the intention of selling it, you may be convicted of a felony. As a result, you may face up to two years in prison or three years in a county jail.
- Manufacturing Controlled Substances – Similarly, the manufacturing of illegal or controlled drugs is also considered a felony. If convicted, you face up to seven years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.
- Intent to Manufacture – If you are found to be in possession of any chemicals or compounds that might be used to create recreational or illegal drugs, you could be sentenced with a prison term of up to six years.
Defenses Your Sacramento Drug Crime Lawyer May Use
Your Sacramento drug manufacturing charge lawyer’s primary goal with be to either get your charges reduced or thrown out completely. We will be able to do this using our in-depth understanding of California laws and our experience defending people just like you.
The defense we build for you will depend on the unique circumstances of your case, but there are some tried and true defense strategies we may utilize in your case. Some of these strategies include the following:
- You have a license issued by the state of California to grow or manufacture the substance in question.
- If you were convicted of growing marijuana, we may try to prove that you had no intention of selling the substance for recreational use.
- You are of age and were growing marijuana in accordance with California regulations.
- You were unaware that the compounds you possessed could be used to create an illegal substance.
- You were in possession of a doctor’s prescription for medical marijuana.
Contact a Sacramento Drug Manufacturing Attorney
If you are facing a drug manufacturing charge, time is of the essence, so don’t wait to get in touch with our team at Crowell Law Offices. Secure legal representation so you stand a good chance of having your charges minimized or dropped.
To schedule an initial consultation with a compassionate and knowledgeable Sacramento drug manufacturing lawyer, give us a call at 916-303-2800 or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.