14 Oct Sacramento DUI Resources
When you’re charged with driving under the influence (DUI), a lot of things might be at stake. You might lose your driving privileges, your job, various future employment opportunities, your freedom, and even suffer severed professional ties.
You’ll need a list of resources to help you navigate through the aftermath. More importantly, you might be better off discussing your case with an experienced DUI attorney in Sacramento to build an effective defense strategy. Depending on your situation, a lawyer can fight to get your charges reduced or even dismissed to avoid subsequent damages.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits Near You
BAC refers to the total percentage of your blood that has alcohol content. You can be charged with a DUI in Sacramento if you have a BAC of:
- 0.08% and above and are 21 years old and above
- 0.04% or higher if the car you were driving requires a commercial driver’s license (CDL), whether or not you had a CDL
- 0.04% or higher if you were ferrying a passenger for hire
- 0.01% and above for persons under the age of 21 years.
- 0.01% and above if you’re on DUI probation, regardless of age.
Drunk Driving Classes and Programs
If you’re convicted of a DUI, the court might mandate a compulsory drunk driving program. The California Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) might also require you to attend these retraining programs to recover your driver’s license.
- Breining Institute: 2775 Cottage Way, Suite 25, Sacramento, CA, 92880
- Safety Center, Inc: 3909 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA, 95827
- Mexican American Alcoholism Program, Inc: 4241 Florin Road, Suite 110, Sacramento, CA, 95823
- Terra Nova Counseling: 1025 19th Street, Suite 2, Sacramento, CA, 95814
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meetings
If your DUI signifies an alcohol abuse problem, you might benefit from attending AA meetings in your area.
- Central California Fellowship for Alcoholics Anonymous (CCFAA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous CA Northern Interior Area
Psychological and Addiction Counselors
Being charged with a DUI can be a wake-up call for you to seek professional help. Seeing an addiction counselor can improve your mental health well-being as well as deal with any addiction problems.
- Francine Farrell & Associates, PC: Watt Avenue C300, Sacramento, CA 95821
- Paula Kenney, PsyD, LMFT: 835 University Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Akua Mind & Body: 10087 Terra Loma Dr. Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- Whole Wellness Therapy: 2618 J Street, Suite 2 Sacramento, CA 95816
Charged with a DUI? Speak to a DUI Attorney
Handling a DUI charge in Sacramento can be challenging, especially if it’s a repeat offense. There are laws you need to understand, legal processes to navigate, as well as the possible impacts of a DUI to mitigate. However, you don’t have to do all these alone, and having a DUI attorney can go a long way in defending your charges for a favorable outcome.
If you’re looking for more help and DUI resources, call the Crowell Law Offices at 916-303-2800 or send a message through the contact form below for a personalized case review.