Under California’s strict DUI laws, you can face serious penalties for driving under the influence. If you’ve been charged with a DUI, contact a Placer County DUI attorney.
Under California law, it is illegal to drive while you are under the influence of alcohol. If you are charged with a DUI, you may be faced with hefty financial and social consequences.
To mitigate these ramifications, teaming up with a Placer County DUI lawyer from Crowell Law Offices is crucial. Our attorneys are experienced and have helped countless defendants just like you achieve satisfactory outcomes.
With the right legal representation, you may even be able to beat your DUI charges.
California DUI Penalties
The penalties you could face for a DUI will depend on the circumstances of your individual case, such as whether you’re being charged with your first or second offense and whether you crashed and injured someone.
Whether it’s your first, second, or subsequent DUI charge, having a Placer County drunk driving lawyer on your side may be the difference between the life you intend to lead and a future marred by fines, an inability to legally drive, probation, or jail time.
If this is your first offense in California, you could face any of the following punishments:
- A fine of $2,000-$4000 depending on the type of probation
- Two points on your license
- An ignition interlock device
- Enrollment in an alcohol awareness and education course
- Up to three years of probation
- A misdemeanor mark on your record
If this is your second offense in California, your penalties could increase and also include any of the following:
- Jail time
- Eighteen months of enrollment in an alcohol awareness and education course
- A misdemeanor conviction on your record
Defenses Your Placer County Lawyer May Use
Being convicted of a DUI has the potential to create a serious upheaval in your day-to-day life. That’s why having a Placer County DUI attorney on your side is essential to maintaining your quality of life in the future.
To minimize your penalties, your attorney may utilize any of the following defense tactics:
- Your lawyer may argue that driving while under the influence was the only option you had to avoid a greater danger, such as someone coming after your or being in a life-threatening situation that you had to get away from.
- Your Placer County drunk driving attorney may try to prove that the results of the breathalyzer test were inaccurate.
- Your attorney may try to prove that you were issued an alcoholic substance without your knowledge or consent.
- Your lawyer may try to prove that you had no reason to believe you were intoxicated upon entering and driving your vehicle.
Talk to a Placer County DUI Attorney
If you have been charged with a DUI, don’t wait to equip yourself with quality legal representation. Get in touch with Crowell Law Offices today to see how we can help you avoid serious ramifications.
To get in touch with a Placer County DUI lawyer, give us a call at 916-303-2800. You can also fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.