Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
The Sacramento personal injury attorneys at Crowell Law Offices are committed to the victims of negligence. We will do everything possible to get you compensation and justice for all the suffering you’ve endured.
Your serious personal injury doesn’t only affect you. When you’re hurt because of someone else’s negligence, the lives of your family members are affected, too. The person or people responsible for your injury must be held accountable for their actions. That way, they won’t hurt anyone else the same way they hurt you.
A Sacramento personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you recover compensation for all you and your family have suffered. Schedule a free consultation by calling our office today.
Personal Injury Case Types Common in Sacramento
When you’ve been seriously injured in Sacramento, the type of injury or accident matters less than the fact that negligence played a role. There are thousands of ways a person can be injured. If someone caused your accident because of his or her failure to take your safety into account, it’s very likely you have a viable Sacramento personal injury case.
The following are some of the more common types of personal injury cases we handle:
- Construction Accidents – A supervisor or foreman’s willingness to ignore safety rules and cut corners could have caused this kind of accident. If you were injured at a construction site, you may have a case for personal injury compensation.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – Car crashes cause some of the most devastating injuries of all, and if another driver’s recklessness caused your collision, you can be compensated. This category includes truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks.
- Defective Products – Many people don’t realize that they can hold large corporations and manufacturers accountable if their products cause injuries. Anything from a tainted food item to an exploding home appliance could be involved in a product liability case.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors make mistakes just like the rest of us, but when their mistakes could have been prevented with the proper precautions, you can recover your losses through a medical malpractice suit.
- Premises Liability – Slip-and-fall accidents, dog bites, and many other property hazard accidents fall under the umbrella of premises liability. If you’ve been injured on another person’s property because the owner failed to address a dangerous situation, you can pursue compensation for your injury.
What Kind of Injury Warrants a Personal Injury Claim?
Any kind of injury can qualify you to pursue personal injury compensation in Sacramento, as long as you suffered damages and your injury was the result of someone else’s negligence. Here’s a list of serious injuries that are often involved in Sacramento personal injury claims:
- Organ damage or failure affecting the heart, kidney, liver, or central nervous system
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Wrongful death
Negotiating with Insurance Companies After Your Sacramento Injury
Following a personal injury in Sacramento, you can pursue compensation for your losses by suing the at-fault party. That could be a person, but it could also be a company, an organization, or even a government agency in California or Sacramento. In many cases, the party you’re suing will have an insurance company to protect it from financial liability.
For example, if you’re seeking compensation from a negligent driver following a serious car crash, that driver’s insurance company will likely be the one to pay for your damages. If your personal injury was caused by the negligence of a business, the business will likely also have an insurer you must negotiate with to recover compensation.
In either case, if you attempt to negotiate with insurance companies on your own, chances are you won’t come out on top. Insurance companies have attorneys and adjusters who will do everything they can to lower the value of your claim. They have a variety of tactics to accomplish this goal, such as placing blame on you.
One way to prevent them from winning is having a legal team of your own. Your Sacramento injury injury lawyer can negotiate for you, and we can even handle all communications on your behalf. We won’t let them take advantage of you, and we will do everything we can to ensure you don’t have to accept an unfair settlement amount.
Compensation Your Sacramento Personal Injury Claim Could Win
You’ve been seriously injured in Sacramento, and that means you’ve suffered financially due to your injuries. You obviously have medical expenses from your accident, and those alone can be a daunting financial obstacle to overcome without compensation. You may also have suffered many other financial losses because of the carelessness of another person.
You may currently be unable to work because your personal injury has prevented you from doing so; you may be paying for the costs of mental health treatment due to trauma from your accident; or you might be paying for caregiving services because you’re in need of help while you recover from your injuries.
Take a look at the damages for which you might win compensation in your Sacramento personal injury case:
- Medical expenses, including bills, co-pays, and medications
- Lost wages and the loss of your future earning potential
- Physical therapy and mental health services
- Caregiving costs
- The cost of household services
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Emotional turmoil
Sacramento Personal Injury FAQ
You can call our office anytime to get your free case review, but we’ve listed a few common questions we receive regarding personal injury, along with their answers, to get you started.
How long do I have to file a personal injury case against someone who has injured me?
In Sacramento and California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of your injury. If you attempt to file after that date, your case will likely be thrown out. In some cases, such as with claims against the government or medical malpractice cases, the time frame is shorter. It’s often best to get started on your personal injury case right away.
Is my personal injury case too small for an attorney to handle?
In most instances, there is no case too small for an attorney to assist with, as long as you’re trying to recover compensation for damages caused by a negligent party. We are happy to discuss the details of your case during a free consultation.
I want to avoid the courtroom for my personal injury claim. Is that possible?
Most people would like to stay out of the courtroom if at all possible, and in most cases, your claim can be settled out of court through negotiations. If a fair settlement can’t be reached, however, your Sacramento injury lawyer won’t be afraid to fight in court on your behalf.
Contact a Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
When you’ve suffered because of another person’s negligent actions, don’t let that carelessness go unpunished. You deserve fair compensation for your medical expenses and other personal injury losses. A qualified and experienced attorney at Crowell Law Offices is ready to help you.
Give us a call at 916-303-2800 or complete the online contact form at the bottom of this page to schedule a free consultation with a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. We also work on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid unless we win you the compensation you deserve.