At Crowell Law Offices, our Sacramento car accident lawyers have earned the respect of insurance company adjusters and insurance company attorneys from the thousands of auto accident cases we have handled over the years. Our ethical professionals will present your case in the best possible light in order to recover the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident caused by the negligence of another driver, call us at (916) 303-2800. We offer a free consultation to explain your rights under the law.
Proving Fault in a Sacramento Car Accident Claim
It is vital that an independent investigation will be conducted by an experienced car accident lawyer. Your lawyer will investigate the circumstances of the accident. Witnesses will be interviewed. A written statement will be obtained from them. Photographs will be taken of the accident scene including damage to both vehicles. Your attorney may even bring in an expert at auto accident reconstruction in order to help prove the cause of the accident and who was at fault.
Reasonable Care After a Car Accident
Your car crash likely occurred because of the carelessness or negligence of another driver. When a driver is deemed negligent, that means he or she has behaved behind the wheel in a careless, unsafe manner. The other driver may have attempted to run through a red light. He or she may have been exceeding posted speed limits. The driver may have been distracted while driving, etc. Drivers must at all times exercise “reasonable care” while behind the wheel.
Bringing a Negligence Action in Sacramento
If you have been injured due to another’s negligence like cell phone use, texting, speeding, etc., you will most likely bring a negligence action. In order to prove a claim of negligence, four elements have to be proven by the plaintiff. They include the following:
- You must prove that the driver had a duty to operate the motor vehicle with reasonable care.
- You must prove that by their action (or lack of action) the driver breached that duty to exercise “reasonable care.”
- You must prove that the cause of the crash was the other driver’s breach of their duty to exercise “reasonable care.”
- You must prove that as the result of the collision, damages were sustained.
Why Should You Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento?
Dealing with auto insurance companies after a crash can be difficult. Many hope that you do not understand your rights under the law and that you will settle for far less compensation than you deserve. A knowledgeable Sacramento car accident lawyer will know what to expect from insurance companies and the tactics they employ.
Obtaining the Compensation You Deserve for Your Car Accident Claim
The Northern California vehicle accident attorneys at Crowell Law Offices can deal with insurance companies and help you recover the compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in an auto accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, call (916) 303-2800 for a free case evaluation.
A note from our firm owner, Hendrick S. Crowell, II
Featured Speaker, Law Review CLE “How to Handle an Auto Accident Case from Start to Finish”
(California State Bar Approved Course for Attorney Continuing Legal Education)
A majority of our plaintiff personal injury practice focuses on auto accident representation. As we approach our 20th year of practice we are pleased to highlight some of the excellent results we have been able to obtain for our injured clients. These results are not listed to boast; rather, they show that we have the resources, experience, and trust that is necessary to stick with a case and develop it to obtain the maximum compensation available. And while many cases do not exceed $1 million, it is notable that our firm has obtained several awards in excess of this amount. But whether the case is a catastrophic injury requiring extensive litigation or a moderate injury that will eventually heal without surgery—our goal is to obtain the highest dollar award available, and we believe a testament to that is our online reputation, including the many positive client reviews on places like Yelp, Customer Lobby, Avvo, and Google. Please call to speak with our firm’s owner, Hendrick S. Crowell, II, at 916-303-2800 to discuss your injury case and to see if we might be of assistance to you.
Questions to Ask Your Prospective Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
1) How much experience do you have with auto accident cases/litigation? Our firm owner has represented auto accident victims since the inception of the firm in 2001 (20 years), and prior to that worked in a law firm as a legal assistant while attending college. From day one (after taking the bar exam and passing on the first attempt) we have zealously advocated for the maximum recovery for each and every client.
2) What is your success rate? We have a 99% success rate with personal injury cases.
3) How much do you charge, and do you bill your clients for costs in advance? We take all cases on a contingency basis, meaning we do not collect any money up front, and in 20 years of practice have never billed a client in advance of a settlement, and we do not plan to start billing clients in advance now. We also will never collect more fees than the client receives.
4) Is your attorney accessible when needed? We will always make an attorney available for you when needed, and our firm owner gives his cell phone number to clients and makes himself available when it is needed most.
5) Do you take all cases? No. Some cases are better handled by the injured party directly, and others we refer to attorneys who may have a particular area of expertise. We always offer a free consultation so please call to discuss your case. We will give you prompt advice, and if we cannot help you, we will point you in the right direction for assistance. 916-303-2800 or Hendrick@crowelllawoffices.com.