Do I Need a Lawyer to Clear a Warrant in Sacramento?
Having a warrant out for your arrest can take a serious toll on your life. It’s no fun to be constantly looking over your shoulder, wondering if today will be the day you get arrested and taken to jail. Getting that warrant cleared up can help you relax and move on with your life.
Do you need a lawyer to clear a warrant in Sacramento? It certainly wouldn’t hurt. Your lawyer can help you in many ways, including helping you spend less time in jail—we’re guessing you want that.
Why the Courts Issue Arrest Warrants
Courts issue warrants for many different reasons. Some of the common reasons include the following:
- Unpaid child support
- Unpaid traffic tickets
- Being a suspect in an investigation
- Failure to pay a fine
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to report to your probation or parole officer
Ignoring your warrant is not going to make it go away.
What Can a Sacramento Warrant-Clearing Lawyer Do for You?
Hiring an attorney for any kind of legal issue is likely going to help. Defense attorneys handle warrants daily, and they know the process backward and forward. Your attorney will also have contacts in the court and jail systems.
Here are a few of the ways your attorney can help you clear a warrant in Sacramento:
- Contacting the court for you and discussing your warrant and the surrounding circumstances
- Arranging a pre-set bail on your behalf so that, when you go to self-surrender, you can be released on bail immediately
- Guiding you through the self-surrender (or walkthrough) process, decreasing any anxiety you may have
- Giving you legal advice on the criminal matter the warrant details
- Assisting you with all court hearings
Call a Sacramento Warrant Attorney
Do you need a lawyer to clear a warrant in Sacramento? It’s probably a good idea. Your lawyer likely has legal knowledge and access that you don’t, and you want to spend as little time in jail as possible. We can help with that.
At Crowell Law Offices, we have a Sacramento warrant lawyer ready to take your call. Call us at 916-303-2800 or fill out the online contact form below to get in touch.