Yolo County Criminal Defense Lawyer
The weeks and months after you’ve been charged with a crime may be the only time you have to build a strong defense. Don’t miss this opportunity to protect your future; hire a Yolo County criminal defense attorney.
Few people are prepared for the day when they’re charged with a crime. In an instant, the stability of your life is up in the air, and you may not know what to do next.
>In some cases, defendants feel that they have enough skill and knowledge to represent themselves. But because the law is so complicated and the consequences can be so severe, you’ll want to opt for professional and experienced representation to give yourself a chance of getting through your legal proceedings without facing serious penalties.
In California, defendants like you often partner with a Yolo County criminal defense lawyer from Crowell Law Offices during their time of need. Our attorneys know what it takes to provide solid legal counsel, and we will do everything in our power to mitigate harsh sentencing and secure your freedom.
Ramifications You May Face
Going through the legal proceedings after you’ve been charged with a crime is undoubtedly stressful. But if you don’t equip yourself with proper representation, what happens after you’ve been convicted will be even worse.
Here are some of the consequences you may face if you are convicted of a crime in California:
- Social – Being convicted of a crime stays on your record. If you are found guilty and convicted, you will have to disclose this information in many aspects of your life in the future. Everything from filling out a job application to applying for an apartment may be hindered by your criminal past.
- Freedom – In some cases, being found guilty may result in jail time. Luckily, having a Yolo County defense lawyer will help you avoid this sentencing or, at the very least, help minimize it.
- Financial – More often than not, being convicted of a crime comes with financial baggage. Depending on the crime you were convicted of, you may be charged with fines ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
How Your Yolo County Defense Lawyer Can Assist You
Because laws in California are so extensive, there are many types of crimes for which you could be charged. That’s why having a Yolo County criminal defense attorney is so crucial. It takes an innate understanding of your specific charges and the laws surrounding the alleged crime to devise a proper defense strategy.
Some areas of criminal defense in which our Yolo County lawyers are particularly experienced include the following:
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Possession of drugs
- Crimes that are violent or involve the use of weapons
- Most all felonies and misdemeanors
Work with a Yolo County Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime in California can put your entire future in peril. You could face fines, jail time, and a host of other punishments and negative effects. And when you go to court, you’ll face prosecutors who don’t want to hear your side of the story.
Make sure your voice is heard and give yourself the best chance of beating your charges by teaming up with Crowell Law Offices
To get in touch with a Yolo County criminal defense lawyer at our firm, fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page or call us directly at 916-303-2800.