How Much Is My Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
Motorcycle accidents often lead to devastating injuries, causing victims to wonder, “How much is my Sacramento motorcycle accident claim worth?” It is important to get money to pay for ongoing medical bills, lost wages, and the full impact that the motorbike accident has had on your lifestyle.
Proving Negligence for a Motorcycle Crash
For you to receive any compensation at all, someone else must have been responsible for your accident and injuries. This is called negligence, and it is our job to prove it.
Insurance companies often try to portray motorcyclists as reckless drivers responsible for their own accidents, making conducting a thorough investigation, extremely important. More than one party could actually be at fault, including any of the following:
- Other riders or drivers
- Government entity tasked with road maintenance
- Construction company that failed to secure its roadwork site
- Motorcycle manufacturer
Once our investigation is complete, we will name all negligent parties in your personal injury claim. You can be partially at fault and still seek compensation; however, your percentage of fault will decrease your settlement by that same amount. This makes it important to prove the other side’s negligence as fully as possible.
Valuing Your Motorbike Wreck Claim
There are four main categories that are reviewed when valuing any personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills – Possibly the most important element, your medical bills must be paid for, and this includes the cost of initial treatments and ongoing therapies and medications. Projecting these costs into the future is an essential part of properly valuing an injury claim.
- Lost Income – You can receive compensation for wages lost due to both the accident and your recovery, along with long-term wage losses if you will be unable to return to work.
- Miscellaneous Expenses – Accident-related expenses such as transportation, in-home caregivers, home renovation, and more can all be included.
- Non-Economic Damages – This type of compensation is more subjective and based on lifestyle changes that have occurred post-accident. We will place an initial value on things like pain and suffering and emotional distress and include them in your demand for compensation.
Adding up these four categories will provide the initial value of your claim. Also, a jury may award punitive damages to punish the negligent party.
Maximizing Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident
To get the most for your motorcycle crash injuries, you want to avoid settling your case right away. Certain expenses such as physical therapy, wage losses, and transportation may not be immediately clear.
Waiting to settle the case until your doctor has reached a conclusion regarding your long-term recovery is wise. This allows us to seek money to pay for expenses you have incurred thus far in addition to what you are likely to incur in the future.
Contact a Sacramento Motorcycle Crash Attorney
To find out what your motorcycle accident claim is worth, call our office today. We will be happy to answer any questions you have and begin the process of valuing your claim. To schedule a consultation, call 916-303-2800 or complete the form below to meet with an injury attorney from Crowell Law Offices.