Elk Grove DUI Lawyer
Don’t let anyone convince you that there’s no defense against a DUI charge. The right DUI attorney in Elk Grove can negotiate your charge down to a lesser offense or get it dismissed entirely.
A lot of people make all the wrong choices after they’ve been charged with drunk driving. They don’t take the charge seriously enough, or they sign a plea deal very quickly, believing there’s no way to beat the charge. Don’t be one of those people.
Hiring an attorney immediately following an arrest can make all the difference in the world. Your Elk Grove DUI lawyer can advise you on the best steps to take to increase your chances of a dismissal. Even if the evidence against you seems strong, your attorney may be able to find the holes in the case against you.
Don’t give up. Instead, contact Crowell Law Offices. Our attorneys have experience handling DUI cases, and we can come up with a bulletproof defense for you and your case.
Legal Penalties for a DUI Conviction in Elk Grove
There are many consequences of a drunk driving conviction in Elk Grove, both legal and non-legal. Non-legal consequences are as follows: Your family life could suffer, you could lose your job, and you will surely lose your driving privileges, at least for a time.
Below are some of the legal penalties of a DUI conviction in California:
- First-Offense DUI – Misdemeanor, up to 180 days in jail, substance abuse treatment, up to $1,000 in fines
- Second- and Third-Offense DUI – Misdemeanor, up to a year in jail, substance abuse treatment, up to $1,800 in fines
- Felony DUI – Up to four years in state prison, substance abuse treatment, up to $5,000 in fines
Some Defenses Your Attorney Could Use to Fight Your Elk Grove DUI Charge
Many people plead guilty to DUI charges when they don’t need to. There are defenses against conviction, but you’ve got to trust your attorney to examine your case and come up with the best defense for you.
In many cases, a DUI attorney in Elk Grove can get you a better deal than you could get yourself. We may even be able to get the charges dropped.
We understand that facing criminal charges is terrifying and you just want the whole matter behind you. When your future is on the line, though, you must make every effort to keep a conviction from spoiling it.
Here are a few of the defenses we may be able to use to get your drunk driving charge dismissed or reduced:
- You weren’t drinking and driving at all, and there was some mistake.
- You were drinking, but you weren’t driving.
- Your were drinking, but you weren’t over the legal limit.
- Someone used your identity.
- The police stopped you illegally.
- The lab made errors when analyzing your sample.
- The field sobriety tests were flawed.
Meet with an Elk Grove DUI Attorney
Our firm can offer you a strong chance of keeping a DUI conviction off your criminal record. Once you’ve been convicted of a DUI, it can remain with you for life. Even a misdemeanor can impact your job prospects, so don’t make the mistake of taking your DUI charge lightly.