Sacramento Defective Part Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents have a higher chance of being catastrophic than any other type of motor vehicle collision. Even though many motorcycle crashes are the result of other drivers, defective parts and tires are also sometimes behind crashes. Already at risk for serious injuries due to lack of protection, motorcycle riders can suffer life-threatening and fatal injuries when their bike malfunctions.
Defective parts are not uncommon. In fact, over nine different manufacturers had fifty motorcycle recalls in 2012 alone. If you believe your wreck was caused by a malfunctioning or defective part, a Sacramento defective part motorcycle accident lawyer from Crowell Law Offices will investigate your accident and explore your legal options to seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Types of Defective Motorcycle Parts
As a biker, you know how important it is to keep your motorcycle well-maintained. However, defective and malfunctioning parts are beyond your control. Motorcycle and parts manufacturers have a legal obligation to provide safe products to their consumers. When manufacturing and design defects are discovered, companies are required to inform consumers through recalling products in order to rectify the situation.
Motorcycles are composed of many parts that can be poorly manufactured or designed, posing serious risks to riders. Common defects that can lead to a motorcycle crash include the following:
- Faulty Brakes and Defective Tires – From brake system failures to tire blowouts, dangerous collisions can occur
- Fuel Tank Systems – A leaking fuel tank can lead to a fire or even an explosion
- Engine Defects – Engine failure of any kind can cause a crash
- Misaligned Handlebars – Defective handlebars can result in losing control of your steering
- Design Defects – The design of the motorcycle itself can be a factor that causes your bike to malfunction, leading to a wreck
Fighting for Just Compensation
Your motorcycle accident may have caused your life to change dramatically, leading to physical, emotional, and financial distress. From rising medical costs to damaged emotional wellbeing, many different factors should be considered when determining the value of your injury claim. Our firm will examine your losses and consult with your doctor to ensure that all of your needs are accounted for in your final compensation.
Common losses we will assess include financial damages as well as damages that indicate how your quality of life has suffered. These are just a few examples that you might be able to include in your claim:
- Current and future medical expenses for procedures, surgeries, and medical devices
- Lost income and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and decreased enjoyment of life
- Modifications made to your residence or vehicle to accommodate your injury
- Loss of consortium
Contact a Sacramento Motorcycle Crash Attorney
If you believe that your motorcycle wreck was caused by a defective motorcycle part, we are here to fight for your right to full compensation for your injuries. To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation, call Crowell Law Offices at 916-303-2800 or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.