Woodland Slip-and-Fall Lawyer
If you tripped, fell, and were injured thanks to a negligent property owner, you might have grounds for a claim seeking financial compensation. Find out by consulting with a Woodland slip-and-fall lawyer.
It can be a painful and frustrating experience to suffer an injury while on someone else’s property. Whether you slipped and fell in a restaurant, on an icy parking lot, or at another person’s home, your injuries can require expensive medical treatment, and you may lose income due to time off work, forcing you into substantial debt.
When your fall was due to the negligence of another person or party, you can file a personal injury claim to recover financial damages incurred. To understand the steps necessary to recover a fair and comprehensive settlement, a Woodland slip-and-fall lawyer from Crowell Law Offices can help you through the complicated legal process.
Causes of Slip-and-Falls
Injuries from trip-and-fall accidents are some of the most common accidental injuries in the United States, accounting for 32,000 deaths in 2014.
Slip-and-fall accidents typically occur because of the careless actions of another person or party. You may have slipped in a coffee shop from a wet floor or fell on the ice in the parking lot of a business. Regardless, you deserve to recover compensation for your injuries.
Causes of slip-and-falls can happen in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Wet or slippery interior floors or wet or icy exterior walkways
- Poor lighting
- Damaged flooring posing a trip-and-fall hazard
- Obstructions or debris on floors or sidewalks
- Unclear, badly placed, or complete lack of warning signs, such as “wet floor” signs
- No handrails on staircases
Who Is Responsible for My Slip-and-Fall?
To ensure we have a strong case for your claim, a Woodland slip-and-fall lawyer from our firm will investigate to determine who is financially liable for your injuries. Those accountable for managing a location’s maintenance and upkeep can include any of the following:
- Property and building owners
- Property managers
- Maintenance companies
In order to prove that a duty of care was breached, we will confirm the negligent party was responsible for one or more of the following illustrated examples:
- Caused the Hazardous Condition – If you fell on a slippery floor that had just been mopped and there wasn’t a warning sign, the owner or management was negligent.
- Knew About a Hazard but Failed to Address It or Provide Warning – A property owner or lessee knew that a pipe leak caused a wet floor and failed to fix the problem or warn visitors.
- Should Have Known About the Hazard – If a tear in the carpeting at a local business or residence caused you to trip and fall, you can seek damages for your losses.
Contact a Woodland Trip-and-Fall Lawyer
At Crowell Law Offices, we can help you recover financial compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and related losses. We will work hard to get you the most compensation possible.
To learn more about how we can help you, please call 916-303-2800 or fill out our online contact form below to arrange a free, no-obligation case evaluation with an experienced Woodland slip-and-fall lawyer.